Tuesday 28 August 2018

Tea dyeing envelops and index cards


Yesterday I tea dyed some envelopes and index cards. I happened upon this interesting technique quite by chance the other day when I was clearing up after Sunday lunch.  I was washing up the meat try, which is metal. Washed it, dried it, then put a mixture of cold tea and coffee powder in it. Into that I arranged the envelopes and the index cards and then left them for about a quarter of an hour. I returned and carefully picked the items out of the liquid, drained the tray and then rearranged the items all around the edge. Back into the oven for an hour on very low.

Once dried I ironed the paperwork and this is the result. I love how it turned out, with all the colours and shapes showing. They came out quite dark and I know some people prefer the lighter look, but for me it was a perfect result.

No comments:

Post a Comment