Friday 31 August 2018

Lino Cutting Honesty Seed Head



This week I've been doing some lino cutting. I made one using a twig of Honesty as my example. I drew the picture onto the lino, cut out all around it and then used it as a stamp. I bought two types of acrylic paint and stamped one over the other to show shadowing. The acrylics I used were a dark mauve and a beige. Now I can use the stamp for my next junk journal. Also if I mix a little of fabric prep. with the paint (1/3 fabric prep. to 2/3 paint), I will be able to stamp onto fabric and it will be colourfast on cloth. I will be able to put the cloth in the washing machine to clean it. I'm going to use it to print onto a tablecloth, but I have to make the tablecloth first. I'll show you how it turns out.
If I had wanted the image to be less sketchy, I would use a roller to apply the paint.

Stella Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment